Why Should You Choose a Certified Sports Chiropractor?We offer the best in healthcare for people of all activity levels, whether you are a high-caliber athlete, recreational athlete or just someone who is seeking to feel great when engaging in daily activities.
What is a CCSP® certification?A Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician® (CCSP®) has completed a 120 hour post doctoral education in specialized sports medicine topics and must pass a national board examination.
- Sports injury diagnosis, treatment and prevention
- Rehabilitation exercises
- Emergency procedures
- Preparticipation examinations
- Joint supports and taping
- Exercise prescription
- Sports nutrition
- Sport-specific athletic training
How do sports chiropractors maintain their credentials?A Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician® (CCSP®) must remain abreast of the latest research and treatment innovations through continuing education and field experience. T he American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians™ (ACBSP™) offers an annual seminar to update the doctors on the latest research and techniques.
How do you know if the certifications are valid and meaningful?The (CCSP®) certification program is taught by accredited chiropractic colleges and the examinations are administered by the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians™ (ACBSP™). The certification program is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA), a national multi-industry organization that ensures certification programs adhere to modern standards of practice for the certification industry, including objective assessment of professional knowledge and competence.
10 Things You Should Know About Certified Sports Chiropractors
- They possess specialized knowledge of sports injuries and physical fitness.
- They are experts in the function of the body during movement, from high-level athletics to everyday activities.
- They can help optimize athletic performance by applying an advanced understanding of musculoskeletal function and performance enhancement.
- They offer individualized care that extends beyond spinal adjustment to include direct treatment of muscles, joints and connective tissues.
- They focus on total body wellness and reaching optimal functioning, not just reducing pain.
- They are immersed in the latest sports medicine research, trends and treatment techniques.
- They can integrate seamlessly with other healthcare practitioners to optimize your medical care.
- They are passionate proponents of physical fitness and skilled sports medicine practitioners.
- They will help you achieve YOUR peak performance with a breadth and depth of knowledge found only with their specific training.
- They comprise the top tier of the chiropractic profession.
Benefits to Athletes
- Faster recovery from injury-get back to play sooner
- Access to a wider range of treatment tools
- Expertise in high-perforance athletics and preventive strategies
- Guidance for athletic training
- Sports nutrition consulting
- Individualized treatment
- Sports-specific treatment and preventive exercises
- Ability to integrate treatment with training
And to Non-Athletes
- Faster evaluation of injury or pain source
- Reduced treatment duration; less visits
- Corrective exercises to prevent injuries
- Holistic approach to wellness model
- Take advantage of the latest reatments and methods developed for athletics
If you are interested in having your sports event covered, please contact Dr. Dickerson at 319-499-8158 or call the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians at 844-327-2255.